Toll Free: 1800 111 346
Phone: +61 7 4041 1600
Fax: +61 7 4051 9505
View On Google Maps:
Cairns Reef Terminal
Click to Find out more about our Eco Credentials:
One of the largest, most comfortable catamarans in Australia
Passions of Paradise was custom designed to the exacting standards of Sydney Naval Architect Graham Parker, and built in 2003 by famed Australian builder/racer Kanga Birtles, at his ship building facilities, Jarkan Yachts. At 25 meters in length she is one of the largest, most comfortable commercial sailing catamarans in Australia.
The brief was to build a solid, fast and comfortable all weather sailing catamaran with a shallow draft to take advantage of the reefs at Michaelmas Cay and Paradise Reef. A fast passage means more time on the reef.
- Seating is designed so that all passengers have a clear view out of the saloon.
- Large nets at the bow invite sun worshipping.
- A flat carefully designed wrap-around deck means no obstacles to trip up unwary passengers.
- The boat boasts a fully stocked bar and commercial galley.
- Entrance in and out of the water is simple and easy through the double rear steps on the stern.
- Sail plan was designed by Graham Parker, Whalespar, Kanga Birtles and Lee Sails (Sydney). These four companies are at the forefront of modern rig design.
- Two large toilets, comprising normal household flush toilets, electric hand dryers, fresh water and space to change your clothing.
LOA : 25 metres (26.7m with duckboards)
Beam : 10.4 metres
Build material : Fiberglass composite hulls and superstructure
Draught : 1.6 metres
Weight : 32.5 tonnes (light)
Mast height : 26.8 metres
Main sail area : 150 sq. metres
Jib : 70 sq. metres
Spinnaker : 275 sq metres
Sails : Lee Sails in Sydney
Deck Hardware : Harken
Electronics : Furuno and Navman
Main engines : Cummins 210 hp x 2
Auxillary : Cummins 31 Kva
Cruising speed : 12.5 knots
Max speed : 14 knots
Sailing speed : Up to 16 knots